JOHN'S LIFE SPACE DISCLAIMER:

"John's Life Space" features a variety of content to many audiences. The majority of content is meant to suit an audience 13 years of age and older. Some material offered in this blog may not be suitable for all audiences and may include some topics too sensitive or discomforting to discuss. All advice offered in this blog is not meant to replace or substitute practical help. If you require counseling or want more professional help, please consult your healthcare provider, a psychologist, or any other qualified individual.

Saturday, December 30, 2017

New Year's Resolutions

John B. Marine | December 30, 2017 | | |
To make next year special, resolve to do some things. New Year's resolutions are more like goals for the upcoming year. What can you work on in the new year to make the new year special? A lot of people invest in these resolutions to have some kind of game plan for the future and to live better. Some make a big deal about it; some others not so much. What do I think about New Year's resolutions?

New Year's Resolutions
^ picture credit from: politicsofpoverty.oxfamamerica.org - What are your resolutions for the new year? Should you have any?

To be honest, I don't care for New Year's resolutions because of commitment reasons and simply that simply because life screws your mind in so many ways that even the best laid plans ultimately fail. So one thing I've basically learned is to just live life. I am not saying to not have resolutions- just don't rely on them or bear any extreme importance on them. You can have as many resolutions as you like and try to commit to all of them as best as you can. Your life shouldn't be defined by having and relying on resolutions. You are not a failure just because you had planned on having New Year's resolutions and failing to live up to them or commit to them. It just means life got in the way of your best-laid plans to make a specific year better than you had planned. Sometimes, trying to set up New Year's resolutions only sets you up for failure. So those plans for you to lose weight and develop solid muscle in the new year means you will still have all of those extra pounds that could have been dropped long ago before dining on cheeseburgers and BBQ ribs. New Year's resolutions almost sometimes speak to the level of "oh, this person wants to lose weight. Let's rack his/her brain with thoughts and events to prevent those goals from coming true!" You can always teach yourself to stick to your New Year's resolutions and execute them; but really, and from my own experiences, don't put yourself through the trouble. Just live life and improvise when need be. Or just make that your resolution for the new year- to not have any specific resolution(s).

I am pretty sure this is not as popular an opinion regarding New Year's resolutions. Most of the opinions I make mostly are based on a lot of my own life experiences and a lot of what I have experienced. Take 2017 for instance. My mantra for 2017 was "make magic happen happier tomorrow." What this meant was that I wanted to be more productive while also being more positive and happy. Most of my execution was there... but life happened- I found myself rather depressed when Hurricane Harvey hit Houston, followed by my grandmother passing away months later as well as me having to be hospitalized. I didn't feel too happy in those times. So basically, I stopped caring about New Year's resolutions and just live life as best as I could. If it means I end up living my last days in this universe, then so be it. At least I lived as long as I could in making each waking moment matter. While I may have plans and visions for the new year, I don't RELY on resolutions to help me enjoy the new year.

But again- that's just me. To each his/her own.





Feel free to share and discuss.

Do you believe in New Year's resolutions?

Thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

Subscribe to My Blog(s), and/or Follow on Bloglovin!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS) Subscribe to John's Life Space (JLS)
Support My Creative Works!
JMDesigns Patreon Soundcloud Bandcamp Twitch OpenGameArt TurboSquid
Get Social With Me!
Facebook (Friends) Facebook (Fans) Twitter YouTube Instagram Google+ LinkedIn (professionals only)
Questions or Comments? Contact Me (serious inquiries only)...
Contact Me via E-Mail




Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2015 John's Life Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger